This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
With this easy granola recipe, you can say good-bye to that expensive store-bought granola. Enjoy!
- 4 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups unsalted mixed nuts
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup maple syrup (raw honey can also be used)
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins: dried fruit, shredded coconut, seeds, chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, salt, and cinnamon. If adding seeds you can add them now.
- In a separate bowl add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup (or honey), and vanilla. Stir until well incorporated.
- Add to the oats and nuts and mix well, until all is coated.
- Pour the granola onto your prepared pan, spread it in an even layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. You want it to be lightly golden.
- Let the granola cool completely, before handling it. The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- If adding any of the optional add-ins do that now.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature, good for 2 weeks. 3 months in the freezer.
1/4 cup serving size
Nutritional value is an estimate
Sat. Fat (grams)4.47